Urban MTB: John McLaren Park

Last week I decided to seek out the trails in yet another of San Francisco's many urban parks.  John McLaren park is one of theCity's larger and least developed green spaces, and one with a somewhat  sordid reputation.  It also has some sweet trails and great potential!

The terrain at McLaren was varied and some of the trails have some decent flow, especially those towards the south side of the park's 317 acres.

I spent a few minutes with the seat down low tricking around on this super cool empty stage

The park seemed almost empty during most of my two or so hours of exploring, save the multitudes of dog walkers that seemed to congregate at one particular spot.

If you live within a mile of this park I would definitely check it out.  My ride to McLaren's trails is rather brutal, making  return visit an arduous prospect.  I will most likely come back to test the park's trails again, but the proximity and flow will keep me riding Sutro when I look for singletrack in theCity.

Ride safe!

Comments

Popular Posts